- About this Policy
- This policy explains when and why we collect personal information about our members, how we use it and how we keep it secure and your rights in relation to it.
- We will always comply with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) when dealing with your personal data. Further details on the GDPR can be found at the website for the Information Commissioner (www.ico.gov.uk). For the purposes of the GDPR, we will be the “controller” of all personal data we hold about you.
- Who are we?
- We are Wigginton & Haxby Table Tennis Club. We can be contacted at Wigginton Recreation Hall, The Village, York YO32 2LL.
- Email: email@example.com
- Tel: 07714307709.
- What information we collect and why.
|Member’s name, address,telephone numbers,e-mail, address(es).||Managing the Member’s membership of the National Governing Body||Performing the Club’s/League’s contract with the Member. For the purposes of our legitimate interests in operating the Club/League.|
|The names and ages of the member’s dependents||Managing the Member’s and their dependents’ membership of the Club/League||Performing the Club’s/League’s contract with the Member.|
|Emergency contact details||Contacting next of kin in the event of an emergency||Protecting the Member’s vital interests and those of their dependents.|
|Date of birth / age related information||Managing membership categories which are age related||Performing the Club’s/League’s contract with the member|
|Gender||Provision of adequate facilities for members.
Reporting Information to Table Tennis England
|For the purposes of our legitimate interests in making sure we can provide sufficient and suitable facilities (including changing rooms and toilets) for each gender.
For the purposes of the legitimate interests of Table Tennis England to maintain diversity data required by funders.
|The Member’s name, TTID||Managing competition and event entries and results.
Publishing results and ranking
|For the purposes of our legitimate interests in holding competitions and events for the benefit of members. For the purposes of our legitimate interests in promoting the Club/League.
For the legitimate interest to providing relevant tournament and player information to Table Tennis England and providing communications to players.
|Photos and videos of members||Putting on the website and social media pages and using in press releases||Consent. We will seek the consent on their membership application form and each membership renewal form. The member may withdraw their consent at any time by contacting us by e-mail or letter.|
|Member’s name and e-mail address||Creating and managing the online key members directory||Consent. We will seek the consent on their membership application form and each membership renewal form. The member may withdraw their consent at any time by contacting us by e-mail or letter.|
|Member’s name and e-mail address||Sending Newsletters and Key information||Consent. We will seek the consent on their membership application form and each membership renewal form. The member may withdraw their consent at any time by unsubscribing on any email.|
|Coach’s name address, email addresses, phone numbers and relevant qualifications and/or experience||Managing the coaching at the Club/League||For the purposes of our legitimate interests in ensuring that we can contact those offering instruction and provide details of coaches to members.|
- How we protect your personal data
- We will not transfer your personal data outside the EU without your consent.
- We have implemented generally accepted standards of technology and operational security in order to protect personal data from loss, misuse, or unauthorised alteration or destruction.
- Please note however that where you are transmitting information to us over the internet this can never be guaranteed to be 100% secure.
- For any payments which we take from you online we will use a recognised online secure payment system.
- We will notify you promptly in the event of any breach of your personal data which might expose you to serious risk.
- Who else has access to the information you provide us?
- We will never sell your personal data. We will not share your personal data with any third parties without your prior consent (which you are free to withhold) except where required to do so by law or as set out in the table above or paragraph 5.2 below.
- We may pass your personal data to third parties who are service providers, agents and subcontractors to us for the purposes of completing tasks and providing services to you on our behalf (e.g. to print newsletters and send you mailings). However, we disclose only the personal data that is necessary for the third party to deliver the service and we have a contract in place that requires them to keep your information secure and not to use it for their own purposes.
- How long do we keep your information?
- We will hold your personal data on our systems for as long as you are a member of the Club/League and for as long afterwards as it is in the Clubs’/Leagues’ legitimate interest to do so or for as long as is necessary to comply with our legal obligations. We will review your personal data every year to establish whether we are still entitled to process it. If we decide that we are not entitled to do so, we will stop processing your personal data except that we will retain your personal data in an archived form in order to be able to comply with future legal obligations e.g. compliance with tax requirements and exemptions, and the establishment exercise or defence of legal claims.
- We securely destroy all financial information once we have used it and no longer need it.
- Your rights
- You have rights under the GDPR:
- to access your personal data
- to be provided with information about how your personal data is processed
- to have your personal data corrected
- to have your personal data erased in certain circumstances
- to object to or restrict how your personal data is processed
- to have your personal data transferred to yourself or to another business in certain circumstances.
- You have rights under the GDPR:
- You have the right to take any complaints about how we process your personal data to the Information Commissioner: https://ico.org.uk/concerns/.
- Tel:0303 123 1113.
- Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire SK9 5AF
For more details, please address any questions, comments and requests regarding our data processing practices to our Data Protection Manager – Tony Fairburn Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.